1) Definition
"Unlike an online travel agency (OTA), like Expedia and Travelocity, metasearch sites simultaneously search numerous travel agency and travel supplier (airline, car, and hotel) websites to find the lowest prices without forcing the consumer to visit multiple websites. Unlike an OTA, you cannot book your travel on a metasearch site. Once you make your selection, the metasearch site sends you to the appropriate website to complete your booking."
2) Comparison between BookingBuddy and Orbitz.com
Orbitz mainly targets leisure holidays so families most of all.
http://www.screencast.com/users/ASMBA2/folders/Jing/media/5500538b-2530-4416-af2e-67ac65221435
BookingBuddy focus one being the easiest and fastest way to book for a travel
An aggregator website makes it possible to book some package or only part of a service (hotel, flight...). Moreover it is the website that will such among all the other sites which are the best prices.
Orbitz offers a Deal Detector, meaning the client fixes the price he agrees to pay, and then the site such for it and send to the client an alert when he has found it.
BookingBuddy proposes many different booking sites
Whereas we cannot know which are the ones on Orbitz.
3)
According to this article posted by David Grossman on USA Today, it seems that the point is that these websites do not really always find the lowest price. it is true that an individual will only check 3 or 4 booking sites while Aggregator Travel Sites will browse 12 of them, but the lowest price can be proposed one day by a booking site, the day after that by an OTA and so on...
4) As far as I am concerned, I think that the meta search sites are a real improvment in the travel experience. People have always less time to spend, less money to spend and so when they have to go for a trip -either leisure or business- htey need to find the cheapest as fast as possible. And of course people cannot go on each booking sites, entering its choices and so on. So these sites make it possible for travelers to gaim time and money, having a more efficient search mean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I do not understand I created links to the screenshots of Jing and they do not appear. I do not understand... :( I already had this problem before with an exercise.
ReplyDelete